Host your next event at the Textile Museum of Canada! Conveniently located downtown at University and Dundas, the Museum is an ideal event venue. We are only steps away from St. Patrick subway station and there is ample street and garage parking available. For more information, or to plan your event, please contact John Huculiak at (416) 599-5321, ext. 2244 or by email at email@example.com.
Information About Facility Rentals
The Textile Museum has an exclusive reception space and adjoining auditorium that is perfect for small parties, lectures, meetings and special events. The Museum Lounge is ideal for cocktail receptions of up to 75 guests or for intimate sit down dinners of approximately 30 people. Expansive windows fill the space with natural light and dimmer switches allow you to set the atmosphere you desire.
The Museum's auditorium is an ideal, distinctive space for your award presentation, product launch, meeting or lecture that provides seating for 60 guests. A large screen is available for multimedia presentations and Audio/Visual equipment can be rented upon request.
If you want to make your event even more memorable for your guests, arrange for a private tour of the galleries. The Museum is happy to arrange a special, curator led tour of exhibitions during events for an extra charge.
The Textile Museum is a unique alternative to sporting events for entertaining your clients or staff. Host a private reception at the Museum in our elegant event space and 60-seat auditorium. Network with your best clients, court your top prospects or reward your talented staff with an event that focuses on your company in a memorable setting rich with art and cultural diversity.
For more information on our client entertainment packages, please visit Corporate Sponsors.
We welcome you to invite your caterer to use our facilities or we can supply you with a list of catering companies. The reception space is equipped with a basic kitchenette and storage space for your caterer's use. Please note that the kitchenette does not have an oven.
The Textile Museum is an economical alternative for your next event. Our competitive rates compare favourably to other spaces of the same size and nature. The space rents for $495 per event. This price includes use of both the lounge and auditorium. Special rates are available for Members and friends of the Museum.
A non-refundable $200 deposit is required to hold a reservation and an additional security fee of $80 is charged on rentals outside of our public operating hours.
- The Textile Museum of Canada is a non-smoking environment
- The Museum is wheelchair accessible
- Special occasion/liquor permits are required to serve alcohol and must be obtained by the renter
- Catering heat sources must be approved by Museum staff prior to use
- Food and drink are restricted to the Museum Lounge and auditorium
- Cut flowers from a florist that have been conditioned in cold storage are permitted
- Candles, animals, potted & garden plants are prohibited
- Renters are responsible for clean-up of the food service area, and the return of any borrowed items to appropriate storage areas
- Additional fees will be charged for the following: docent or curator tours of the exhibitions, linens, A/V equipment (television, VCR, projectors - slide, overhead and digital)