The TMC Volunteer Association hosts fundraising sales throughout the year, offering a selection of textiles, crafting supplies, equipment, and other items at bargain prices. Proceeds of the sales support the Textile Museum of Canada's exhibitions, collections, and public programs.
Textile Treasures Sale
November 15 from 11-5
November 16 from 10-2
St. Matthew's United Church (729 St. Claire Ave. West)
Decorator fabric, fine wool and silk dressmaking fabric, ethnic and vintage clothing, vintage linens, vintage buttons.
ITEMS FOR SALE INCLUDE:
(May vary according to each sale)
- Fabric (for quilting, for clothing, and decorator samples)
- Household textile items (tablecloths, handkerchiefs)
- Crafts (tapestry yarn, needlework kits, and rug hooking materials)
- Sewing Supplies (notions, tools and equipment)
- Designer patterns (Vogue and specialty patterns such as Folkwear)
- Ethnographic and vintage Textiles (including clothing, drapery, and household linens)
- Textile-related books and magazines